XXIII International Conference of the Society for Human Ecology
Human –Environmental Solutions for a Challenging Future
Lisbon, Portugal July 7 to 10, 2018
First Call for Participation – Preliminary proposals for Symposia, Paper Sessions and Workshops are invited immediately. This conference is meant to be as broadly interdisciplinary as possible so suggestions from all areas of human ecology – theory, education, research and practice – are welcomed.
- Take part in a diverse international and interdisciplinary gathering.
- Contribute to a wide range of formal and informal exchanges in a relaxed atmosphere.
- Enjoy the spectacular city of Lisbon.
Like previous SHE meetings, it is intended to bring together a diverse group of educators, researchers and practitioners who utilize, or are interested in, interdisciplinary and ecological approaches. We look forward to a diverse and exciting program with an excellent range of speakers, symposia, round-tables and individual presentations.
Sustainability Issues ~ Interdisciplinary Education ~ Environmental Design~ Eco-Arts ~ Human-Nature Systems Resilience ~ Fisheries Management ~ Nature Therapy ~ Environmental Migrations ~ Participatory Action Research ~ Ecosystems Services ~ Food Systems/Food Security ~ Urban Ecology ~ Climate Change ~ Human-Animal Interactions ~ Historical Ecology ~ Collaborative Planning ~ Conservation Psychology ~ Water-use Policy ~ Carbon Futures ~ Environmental Health ~ Literature and Ecology… and more…
At this point, we would like to hear from people who are interested in taking part in this event.
[Note: We only need “statements of intention” at this time. Formal abstracts and detailed information on participants will be requested at a later date.]
- Suggested Themes: What themes for symposia, round-table discussions, or paper sessions would you like to see included in the program? (please insert)
- Will you be interested in?: (please indicate)
A. Organizing a Symposium: Organized Symposia should be designed to fill a two-hour block and involve 4 – 6 people. These usually consist of either a group of papers or a thematic discussion/symposium. The organizer is responsible for the coordination of participants. At this point only the session theme and the organizer’s name and institution are needed.
B. An Individual Paper Presentation: Contributed papers will be grouped on similar issues, with time allotted for delivery (20 – 25 minutes) and follow-up discussion.
C. Roundtable Discussion Groups: These groups are arranged by the conference committee to encourage exchange of ideas among participants. Usually two discussion leaders are designated and 6 – 10 participants are assigned to a thematic roundtable.
1. ( ) Yes, I would like to be placed on a Roundtable Discussion Group.
2. My Areas of Expertise/Interest:
D. Making a Poster: Space and time will be provided for poster style presentations. Submissions for posters follow the same guidelines as a contributed paper, (e.g. author, title and abstract). But only the presenter’s name and tentative title are needed at this time. (please insert here)
3. Conference Networking: Are there other individuals or groups who should be invited to participate? We are pleased to get email and postal addresses of friends, colleagues or list-serves who you think should also receive an invitation to attend this conference.
4. Other suggestions and comments:
Note: All replies should be sent directly to email@example.com .
Continuously updated information about the conference can be found on SHE’s website www. societyforhumanecology.org
Thank you for your ideas and assistance.
Program Chair: SHE-XXIII